What is impact of co-education on education?
By Prerna Kaushik | May 15 2020
Co-education is the system where boys and girls are educating together. It is believed that co-education helped in the development of personality of both men and women. Today co-education is widespread in almost all the countries of the world. In India, there are a number of co-educational schools, colleges and universities.
Co-education helps the boys and girls to get together and understanding each other well. They become more broad minded and tolerant towards the opposite gender. They interact freely with one another and there by overcome hesitation and shyness.
In a best college in Jaipur for engineering, boys are free to meet and talk with girls. A study has give out that the co-educational colleges are better because the presence of girls in classes restrains boys from indulging in unruly behavior and improves their academic performance. Co-education generates a spirit of healthy competition among boys and girl. They work hard to remain ahead of one another. Co-education reduces gender bias in the society. It generates a feeling of equality between boys and girls .
There are number of advantages in the co-educational system.
1. If boys and girls are taught together in the same college , under the same roof, there will be no need to open separate colleges for girls.
2. There is a shortage of trained teachers in India. If the same staff teaches boys and girls together, we can manage with the existing staff of teachers.
3. If boys and girls study in separate schools, they will grow up in watertight compartments. The result will be that girls will feel shy in the presence of boys.
4. It generates healthy competition between boys and girls. Both boys and girls. Both boys and girls work hard to remain ahead of each other in studies and sports.
5. It removes shyness from a girl and makes her bold and smart. It ia an inspiring urge to work together .
6. It provides a great learning experiences.